Dear friends, I've had a pleasure to meet H.A.R.M.O.N.Y.
She's an italian artist, singer, designer, illustrator (ART8 Design) moved to Berlin about 9 years ago.

Her name is Anna a woman with a sweet soul, a sensitive person, her essence is contained in music and Art she makes.She started writing songs in 2008, is currently working on a new single "LOVE EXPLOSION".


We will cross the boundaries between time, we will travel between parallel worlds, where everything makes sense and the case does not exist, where energy of Universe permeates everything with ispirations, in the magic world of  H.A.R.M.O.N.Y.  

Anna (Harmony) Riva
photo by Ohad Leev Roage 

Hi Harmony, we are happy to be able to interview you. First of all, we ask you to tell us a little bit about the history of your artistic journey: studies, influences, a brief introduction for our readers

Hello everyone and thank you for this great opportunity, it is always a pleasure to talk with to  you! 
I have been studying music since kindergarten (I was about 4 and a half years old), at that time my mom, who played the piano, luckily decided to let me take an electric piano (keyboard) class taught by a certified Yamaha teacher, who I still remember with pleasure, especially because the exercise booklets were full of colorful figures with cute little animals in the Japanese style ( is it where my passion for Japan began..?). Since I did not play this instrument consistently, over time I lost the ability to play it, like the flute, which I took up during middle school. As for singing, I've always sung in choirs, and when I decided to pursue a solo path, I went back to taking voice lessons, first from a teacher with a classical (opera) background who accompanied me on the organ, since we rehearsed in a church...and then with a vocal coach who also aimed at facial expressions and posture, particularly to get to the higher notes and to maintain some vocal power. He pointed out to me that some people are born with a body conformation that facilitates the emission in the voice, while other people have to remedy it with a certain kind of training, and preciselywith posture and facial expressions.
My musical influences range from the Knights of the King and Cristina D'avena (cartoon theme songs from my childhood), to Madonna, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Antonella Ruggiero (great artist!), Elisa (whom I adore), via Sharon Den Adel of Within Temptation and other symphonic rock singers, who as you know have voices that come from the world of opera and can hit both low and high notes. Plus other more and less topical names, but I avoid going into too much detail.

How much has Berlin, a city where you have lived for several years, influenced you? Has it offered you opportunities for growth in the artistic sphere?   
I think Berlin has influenced me quite a bit, yes, for a good eight years! For example, "New Life," "Fearless," and "Love Explosion" were born under Berlin influence.
"New Life" I actually wrote in Italy, but the instrumental part is by my long-time producer, the Berlin musician Florian Przytarski (Toneflow Studios, Berlin), and it is about a new life...the one I later found here in Berlin, precisely, a new life I had been aspiring to for years and wanted to be in Berlin. "Fearless" was born while I had already been here for a few years and is about the ups and downs of mood (emotional rollercoster) given by fear (anxieties) and also by the weather (the mythical Berlin winter...), because it is mostly here that I faced my fears and many I overcame them, everything is possible, when you love yourself...and others.
"Love Explosion" is the most recent one, born a year ago (I will talk more about it later), for which a close friend of mine, a German multi-instrumentalist and singer-songwriter, aka Tiahi, composed and recorded the base with guitar. It has taken time, because he has so many commitments, but as always he kept his word and thanks to his trusted friend and drummer, as well as producer of some of his tracks, I was able to record my new single in the studio as well. My new producer, Matan Goldstein (Riverside Studio Berlin), is an incredible drummer, in fact he also recorded live drums for "Love Explosion," plus other percussion, making my track even more nuanced. Once again, I was able to actively participate in the production of my song, a very delicate and exciting process!
Regarding other collaborations, there have been, but due to commitment issues, they have ended. I also have new ones in mind for the future, particularly with an Italian musician here in Berlin.
Meanwhile, for several years now, I have been part of the Mariposa Choir, a women choir in Berlin which is part of a beautiful and very useful women's project, called Mariposa (AWO, Bayouma-Haus), and where we favor folk music in various languages, and from various eras, through 1980s pop...in short, we never get bored!


  photo by Ohad Leev Roage 

Do you have other passions besides singing and drawing? Hobbies, pastimes, etc.
Yes, for years now I have been practicing Yoga and meditation, which help me a lot to stay centered, relaxed and flexible, and then, recently started, Tai Chi, the ancient Chinese martial art that focuses a lot on energy work, as well as giving benefit to muscle tone. It is also very choreographed (we use fans), I highly recommend it!



  photo by Ohad Leev Roage 

Who are your masters? Your inspirational muses in art and life.
Apart from my mom, whom I take a lot of inspiration from, I have to say Jesus, I am a believer and feel him very close as a teacher of Life. As a Buddhist and pacifist exponent, a great teacher of mindfulness meditation (being in the present moment, without judging), I am very inspired by the late Tic Nathan. Among the famous people of the past there are others whom I admire for their works of Life and Art, for example actresses like Audrey Hepburn.

                    

What themes do you enjoy addressing through your work THE MOST?
Primarily Love, overcoming life's obstacles through love, one's own inner strength and divine intervention (which for some people can also be the Universe). The hope that everything will work out sooner or later and the celebration of joy, of life, even through death.
In "Love Explosion" there is love, passion, enthusiasm for life.

I would like to imagine you as a painting with certain colors, sounds, with particular scents...how would you describe yourself?
What a beautiful image! I would describe myself as a Pre-Raphaelite (Victorian Britain) painting, where elegant figures of women are depicted in romantic, Renaissance and medieval settings, painted in muted colors and often surrounded by flowers that look real...scented. A painting certainly rich in symbolism to interpret.. and... the sounds of Nature!

You know, I always thought you were like a fairy, an elf, a woodland character, because of your great sensitivity and gentleness, your love for nature and its laws. Which element do you feel most attracted to?
I think the same about you!
According to my birth zodiac sign I am very attracted to water, instead according to my ascendant (plus three planets), to fire! In fact, I am very passionate about it.
Let's say that all the elements attract me, so also earth, which for me is Mother Nature, stability, concreteness...but also air, which I sometimes miss a little (this element is scarcely present in my birth chart) and which would give me more adaptation to changes, more flexibility. And according to the Chinese horoscope, metal, gold and silver also attract me.

Your songs and art instill calm, serenity and hope. Your voice turns into a rainbow to draw from its colors when one is sad. So...let's go deeper into your essence, into your magical world. What did you want to do as a child? What dreams did you have?
Thank you!
Oh, as a child I actually wanted to be a queen! Haha, I guess I already had clear ideas, but unfortunately there are no open positions for this job.

Who is your favorite fictional character and why? How much of you is IT in this figure?
It is the Unicorn, because it is magical, pure and rare. Well, I consider myself quite rare as a person, although I say that with humility. Maybe even a little magical at times, and as far as purity goes, I think I have a fairly pure heart, or at least those who know me think so. In any case I love horses, and that's also why I like unicorns, like the beautiful ones in the movie Legend.

Do you believe that each of us has our own destiny written in the stars?
Yes, I believe that basically there is a fairly definite track, but I also believe that this track, at least in part, can be changed, with our daily thoughts, words and actions, with our willpower and attitude towards life.
I am sure that I have given a new turn to my life, to my destiny, just by moving to Berlin, I feel it, this act of faith, courage and love, saved me from a destiny that no longer belonged to me. I have to say that art saved me, changed my life, especially music, and I know that many people can understand me because they have had experiences similar to mine.

In the past you have made paintings inspired by totem animals. How did this inspiration come FROM? Do you have a connection to the American Indian spiritual tradition or do you feel closer to other cultures?
It came about through shamanic meditation, and the first painting (see attached photo) depicting two wolves under a full moon came about through my first shamanic meditation, thanks to you, who guided me through your recorded voice. There I began my journey to discover my Totem Animals. After that, I participated in live guided meditations here in Berlin, with a very good shaman, Roberta Perzolla, whom I recommend for doing quality holistic paths.
Also thanks to the emotional creativity course of my dear friend Elisa Nicolò (a Roman painter whom you will soon meet), I was able to make this small collection of paintings, inspired by both Native American and Celtic cultures, to which I feel very connected.


pic by Anna (Harmony) Riva (ART8 Design) 


pic by Anna (Harmony) Riva (ART8 Design) 


pic by Anna (Harmony) Riva (ART8 Design) 

pic by Anna (Harmony) Riva (ART8 Design)

What importance does numerology have in the choice of your name? (on your site, remember, there is the number 8).
It has very much importance, mathematics is the basis of everything, also of music and in the influence that our names have on us, even nicknames and stage names. For this reason, I calculated the master numbers of the name of my music project (which also became my stage name) and chose a name that would at least partially collimate with the numbers of my numerological horoscope (i.e., first name, last name and date of birth). I chose a name that was reminiscent of music (harmony) that was short, catchy, internationally pleasing, but above all that was charged with a definite energy, that of the number 8 first and foremost, an energy that is not easy but that over time builds solid foundations and works for high ideals, which it comes to achieve, if it acts ethically. In short, the results come with time, but what really matters for my project is the journey itself, the path taken to get to the goal, beyond economic profit, notoriety. Basically my music has to make people feel good and inspire them positively, the rest comes later. However if you want to support my future productions, legally download my music, it costs little but can make a difference. Maybe I should also do crowdfunding to finance my upcoming songs, what do you think?

Do you own a collection of your drawings? an album that contains everything (REALLY everything) from the moment you first started drawing?
Yes, however, the ones from when I was little are at my mom's house, who keeps them with love.








some ArtWorks by Anna (Harmony) Riva (ART8 Design) 

Is there a subject you have created that you are particularly attached to? 
I think it is my first shamanic painting, the one with the wolves, in fact I will never sell it.

Do you re-listen to your music often? If you had to tell us which A piece of music THAT most represents you today which one would you choose?
I don't listen to my music often, although I hope to start doing so, because it will mean that I will be performing live with my solo project, which I would love to start doing. For now, I'm more of a studio artist. One of my songs that still represents me now is "Once Upon A Time", a lullaby inspired by the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale, also known as"Snow White and Rose-Red". Like all fairy tales, it contains many symbols, including esoteric ones, speaks of a deep bond, which then is love in various forms, and of the strength contained in nature, which comes to the rescue in the darkest hour, but also of divine providential intervention.

How did your new upcoming single "LOVE EXPLOSION" come about?
It came about as a result of sentimental experiences, more and less happy, but which gave me the charge to be reborn as a woman, to reopen myself to love and passion, I wanted to write a song to celebrate it, inspiration came to me after a good four years...nothing happens by chance.
I thought of turning to Tiahi for the music because his style is very sunny and makes you want to dance! I wanted my piece to be catchy, singable, danceable, like his songs full of optimism.
I changed producers because I wanted to explore a new kind of sound, a new kind of musical style, although I will always be grateful to my first producer, with whom I made 8 songs! "Fearless "is the eighth and includes an acoustic version, which also features his vocals. There was a good feeling between us and you can also hear it in the songs we produced together.
In short, new musicians, new producer, new sounds, and hopefully also new listeners-users, in addition to the loyal ones (starting with my family and friends).

Are you working on any new projects in addition to those already mentioned?
Well yes! I have been asked by many people and I finally wrote a song in Italian...it is to be perfected, but it is there. I have already asked an Italian friend of mine, who is a very good musician, to collaborate with me, but I will reveal the name when things are done.

Let's close with a question we are used to asking: what is art and who are artists?
For me, art is life, and artists are those people who manage to interpret it through various means.
It is said that the artist expresses themselves, but basically we are a collection of life experiences, present ... and past. The artist expresses himself by channeling inspiration and then giving it form, through music, dance, painting, photography, make-up and more. I believe that since childhood, each one of us is an artist, or at least we can aspire to be one in the eyes of others, because we are alive and life is the first and greatest form of art, because it is Creation. Happy co-creation to all and long live art in all its forms!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, friends of Art Waves!
Peace!
Anna Harmony Riva




"The Angel" ArtWork by Anna (Harmony) Riva


Anna (Harmony) Riva
http://www.harmony8music.net

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/harmony8music

Info and booking:
info@harmony8music.net

ART8 Design (facebook)

Photoshooting done by Ohad Leev Roage


Interview by M.L. for Art-Waves

Translations by Anna Riva and Claudia Romagnoli

                            



SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

COPYRIGHT © Art-Waves e-magazine · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS